[IP] Types of DM

> >I believe not having a pancreas (removed for cancer, trauma or whatever) is
categorized as a type 4.< > >

> Type 3 has been jokingly applied to the family members of either type1 or
type 2 (by Steve Edelman, M. D). I have never heard of type 4. Do you have a
reference for this?  >

I read something (ADA Forecast??) years and years ago that there were at least
5 types of DM, including gestational being listed as a type, surgical DM was a
type, etc. Lots of updates since then so that may have changed. (~_^)