Re: [IP] Why I am glad I am not diabetic

>I believe not having a pancreas (removed for cancer, trauma
or whatever) is
categorized as a type 4.<

Type 3 has been jokingly applied to the family members of
either type1 or type 2 (by Steve Edelman, M. D).
I have never heard of type 4. Do you have a reference for
this?  It is secondary diabetes, but if you have no beta
cells it is treated as if it is type 1. People with this
cause of diabetes also need to take pancreatic enzymes to
help with digestion of their food.

Barbara A. Bradley, MS, RN, CDE