Re: [IP] Why I am glad I am not diabetic

----- Original Message -----
From: Michael Robinton

There are a number of reasons why a person may not have a functioning
pancreas. Diabetes is the primary reason for those represented in this
forum, however we also have members who have had their pancreas's removed
for insulinoma (insulin producing tumors), auto accidents, and other
physical truama. I'm sure there are other reasons as well.

Quite right. Wouldn't it be 'secondary' diabetes? The fact is, if a person
has indeed been injecting for 38 years, (s)he would be familier with the
fact that the majority of the list has diabetes.

I realize there are factors in getting the diabetes condition, but it
doesn't (IMO) change the fact they are indeed dependant on insulin or other

Jenny Sutherland