Re: [IP] Why I am glad I am not diabetic

Nick wrote:
<snip>
> I have been taking insulin for thirty eight
> years, but that doesn't make me a diabetic.
<snip>

Jenny wrote:
> Sweetie, what's going on with your blood sugars right now? This is a very odd
> posting and I'm wondering about you. If you're NOT with diabetes, why go
> through injecting or pumping insulin?

<snip>

There are a number of reasons why a person may not have a functioning
pancreas. Diabetes is the primary reason for those represented in this
forum, however we also have members who have had their pancreas's removed
for insulinoma (insulin producing tumors), auto accidents, and other
physical truama. I'm sure there are other reasons as well.

Michael