Re: [IP] Why I am glad I am not diabetic

At 12:11 PM 4/14/2001 Nick Trubov, Lorree, U.P., & Corbin wrote:
 >Jeez, Louise!
 >I thought this was an insulin pumpers list, not a diabetic's list. What
are you
 >always talking about diabetes for? I have been taking insulin for thirty
 >years, but that doesn't make me a diabetic. I use an insulin pump so I joined
 >the list. I have gotten some really good information from you all, too.

Everyone on the planet is insulin dependent. It's just that while most
people make their's naturally, we need to take it artificially. So, I think
by definition, if you need to inject insulin (using needles or pump), you
have diabetes. Whether you like the term "diabetic" or not, is another story.