[IP] Re: 24,900 club

Michael wrote:
>>>If you have had IDDM for 15 years or more, you must have stuck yourself at
least 24,900 times.  >>>

Since my dx was 11/5/50 (50 years!!!) I'm listed in the 24,900 club. It's
false, however. I really don't belong there. I had one shot a day for 31
years, 2 a day the following two years, then began pumping (17.5 yrs). It
doesn't add up to 24,900. In fact, I thought 2 shots a day was a giant step
backward. I preferred one a week, or better yet - one a month!! My heart goes
out to the kidlets being chased with a hypodermic needle 4-8 times a day. I
know the needles aren't as painful as those 26g steel thingies I had, but the
whole idea of mommy/daddy sticking me again. :(((  When can they have a life?
That's why pumping is such a godsend for the tykes!

I didn't even add the finger pokes on to that. I turned around and walked away
from the first home meter I saw. Couldn't even imagine why I'd want to do that
to myself. Out of 50 years I've only been doing home BGs 18.5 years. YMMV