On Sat, 14 Apr 2001 email @ redacted wrote:

> In a message dated 4/14/01 12:03:43 PM Central Daylight Time,
> email @ redacted writes:
> > It was pretty easy,
> > we just added up the basal insulin she would use in 4 hours and that was
> > the basal shot. Worked pretty good as we timed it so she did one at bed
> > time, one in the middle of the night and one in the morning with the day
> >
> so you basically do this every four hours for 24 hours or however long you
> need to?  and i'm assuming the H and R are equividose?
> youre brilliant......  :O)~

Not sure what you mean. You could not substitute H and do the same thing.
The insulin activity curve for H would require that you inject every
couple of hours. R has a an activity curve that has a fairly flat broad
peak lasting almost 4 hours and tailing off over almost 8 hours.
Injection of R every 4 hours should produce a relatively flat response
curve whereas trying to do this with H, even every 2 hours I don't think
would produce the desired results.

See the activity curves at: