Re:[IP] Back-to-back BGs/BG for driving?

On Sat, 14 Apr 2001 email @ redacted wrote:

> In a message dated 4/14/01 9:52:50 AM Central Daylight Time,
> email @ redacted writes:
> hmmmm, when i got my pump my cde just said not to drive under 70.  I haven't
> read any research on this.  Disetronic literature didn't say over 100 unless
> i missed it and that is entirely possible.  What do most of you do?
My recollection is that the FAA wants bg's over 100 when a pilot flys an
airplane. You are more dangerous to the other guy in a car than an
airplane, so I would take the 100 to be an absolute minimum. Given the
variance of meter readings from lab results, I'd say that 100 is NOT
conservative either.