Re: [IP] Re: DST - for Darrin

> >worked quite well for Lily on a couple of occasions -- her bg's
> >stayed very well under control during the time with her pump. She
> >just connected to bolus for food as needed.
> >
> >Michael
>

> Micheal, just what the heck are you?  You have an ability to come up with
> the simple straight forward solutions I have not encountered in anyone
> before!  REGULAR!  Of course!  Never even crossed my mind.  Been thinking
> "H"!  Yeah!  A shot of R just may do 5 hours fine w/o too much screwing
> around pump-wise.

Well..... BTDT There have been several occasions where this has been
necessary .. necessity is the mother of invention. A few years ago we
used to camp on the American River and tube down the river all day. the
ROCKS are not very pump friendly so this was the solution that we used so
Lily would not have to worry about frequent checking and bolusing for
missed basal insulin. We used it again when one weekend she drowned her
pump accidentally on the Friday of a 3 day weekend. For three days she
did a shot (into her infusion port) of regular every 4 hours or so to
cover basal needs and shot H for meals and snacks. If you looked at her
bg records, you could not tell she was not on a pump. It was pretty easy,
we just added up the basal insulin she would use in 4 hours and that was
the basal shot. Worked pretty good as we timed it so she did one at bed
time, one in the middle of the night and one in the morning with the day
divided up in 4 hour chunks after that. NO nph, no supprises.

Michael