[IP] sils to the hilt?

I was talking to a few parents of pumpers, and they had a similar problem with
their Silhouettes.  Crimps, and  bruising under the skin right where the
introducer needle was inserted.

It was one mom's statement that solved the problem.  She said that they were
having a great deal of difficulty getting the introducer needle COMPLETELY
under the skin.  When I assured them that it was NOTnecessary to do so they
were so relieved.  One of the kids, a 9 yr old boy, was getting a bit green
around the gills while trying desperately to insert it himself.  They are not
the only people I know who have had this problem but have heard that they are
doing so much better.  There is so much for them to absorb in the beginning!

My question to the medical professionals on the list:
Could pushing the introducer needle farther than it wants to go, with a lot of
pressure, cause some tissue damage at the insertion site and bruising under
the skin?

Just thought I would pass along the experience :)

Barb....mom to Erica, A Canadian Butterfly