[IP] Re: Month of DX

I was diagnosed at the age of 12. My family thought I had a bad stomach
virus.....whenever I started to feel a little better and I had some tea (with
sugar of course) or toast with jelly I would become very ill and throw up. My
 Mom finally took me to the doctor who dipped my urine(4+) and sent me to the
hospital. Hospital said my blood glucose was something unbelievable like 900.

That was March 11, 1974. All I can say is boy have we come a long way!!! With
over 25 years in and minimal complications....I'm happily pumping with my
MM507c since 9/99.

Joan O'Brien-Witte
type 1
MM507c 9/99