[IP] Site infection, or hematoma????

I took out my quick-set on Thursday morning to change sites.  I popped the
cannula out and was very surprised that underneath the skin was a dime-sized
yellowish spot.  There was a small knot under skin.  It was not oozing, just a
little blood.  It was just a tiny bit sore.  I just immediately thought this
was my first infection.  I called my Doc, and she said to watch it a couple of
days and if it doesn't get better to come in.  They said to put soapy warm
water on it 2 or 3 times a day, followed by antibiotic cream. I've been
following the orders, but I think it looks a lot like a bruise. I just
wondered, since this is the first time this has happened to me, if there was
any way to know if it is an infection or a hematoma?  In other words, what
does an infection look like, and also a hematoma?

Thanks!   Marcy