Re: [IP] Re: DST - for Darrin

>> Thsi summer I
>> either enjoy my watersports with the pump and risk fatal O/D as I'm
>> usually out a few hours in the ocean and away form most people for
>> several hours or find $5,000 for an Animas or give up 100% of the
>> socialization and recreation in my life.  What a choice.
>If you know you need insulin during that 5 hour stretch, might I
>suggest injectable regular insulin to cover basal needs. It has
>worked quite well for Lily on a couple of occasions -- her bg's
>stayed very well under control during the time with her pump. She
>just connected to bolus for food as needed.

Micheal, just what the heck are you?  You have an ability to come up with
the simple straight forward solutions I have not encountered in anyone
before!  REGULAR!  Of course!  Never even crossed my mind.  Been thinking
"H"!  Yeah!  A shot of R just may do 5 hours fine w/o too much screwing
around pump-wise.

Thanks.  You made my day and maybe the next 5 months!  Doiing teh math now.

Thanks again.

Darrin Parker - Nova Scotia, Canada!

To date:   51% improvement in average bg's & 80% fewer hypos.