Re: [IP] WHY I'M THANKFUL TO HAVE DIABETES!!!!!!!!!!!

Gina,

  That is EXACTLY how I felt when Josh was diagnosed.  Only for me it was
being grateful that it was ONLY diabetes, not not some form of cancer or
leukemia or whatever.  There are those positive aspects that come from having
a chronic illness.  You are more in-tuned with your own body and have a
greater understanding of a lot of things.  My Josh could tell anyone all
about nutrition, food groups, whatever, at the age of 5 shortly after hs dxd.
 And there is a lot mroe he knows that a 'normal (there's that word again!) 9
year old would not normally know!

We HATE this disese, but it is livable and we are learning and growing
inspite of it!!

Sylvia
mom to Joshua
dxd 8/97, H-Tron 12/99