[IP] What month were you diagnosed?

<On Friday, April 13th Sam Skopp wrote:

If you think that's bad... I got "juvenile" diabetes at age 37.  I think
"Type 1" is a much better label.

What is it with getting towards 40 years old?  I was diagnosed at age 39 with
"juvenile" -"type 1".  I had symptoms for about six months but didn't get to
the doctor until Sept. when the kids went back to school and I felt I had more
time for myself to go to the doctor.  On looking back I am sure I had it since
the prior winter. I had went to the opthalmologist twice during this time
stating that my vision was fuzzy (and I didn't even wear glasses).   I had
every symptom in the book but with no family history so didn't put it all
together - everytime I told someone all the things that were wrong with me
they just laughed and said "that's what happens when you near 40 - you start
to fall apart".  I wished I had went to the doctor sooner!!!