Re: [IP] complications in children

Deborah and Eve,
         I HATE having to tell you this, although you are already aware of
this,  but that doctor is 'FULL OF BS' (and that is not standing for blood
sugar this time)  I was diagnosed at 11 years old, in PERFECT control for the
first 4 years, the 5th year I was a little lax, and in my 6th year,
everything went to sh*t!!  I was laying in my bed in the fetal position, I
couldn't get up except to go to the bathroom. I went to several different
doctors to find out what was going on. (3 different Neurologists, 2 different
Endocrinologists, a Psychiatrist who told my Mom I belonged in a home, to a
Pediatric Neurologist) The last doctor I saw told me that I had Peripheral
Neuropathy!! He said that everyone else could not figure it out because it
was unusual to have it at that age but that it DID happen!!! So, if you want
to give him some information, tell him to talk to the doctors at the
University of Miami Children's Diabetes Center.  They are well versed in all
the complications that children get.
All my best,