[IP] Disetronic Waterproof Issue & Legal Opinions

Disetronic Waterproof issue:

What my thoughts boil down to is that I'm not sure I can enjoy myself in
long-duration watersport activities if I have to visibly check the pump
each hour to see if there's been a malfunction.  All the time the thought
of wondering if I'm getting a fatal overdose will be in my mind also. In
addition each time I think I might be going a little hypo I will be
wondering if the pump has malfunctioned.  I don't know if I'm prepared to
endure this.  Dealing with the usual DM issues is enough without worrying
about a fatal overdose.  If I'm going to die in the water I really would
rather it be from my own error in navigation than from a fatal overdose of
insulin caused by absolutely no fault of my own.

Legal issues:

After much reflection and extensive civil court experience I believe the
following is accurate:

Disetronic is liable to do at least one of the following in due course
whereas the H-Tron was marketed and purchased by consumers based on it's
waterproofness "as is" and as in the case of a safety problem discovered in
an older car model in the automotive manufacturing industry the auto
manufacturer is liable to correct the safety problem regardless of warranty
condition or age of the vehicle.  Where the auto warranty may be expired
and the auto model in question is old; if a safety problem exists for which
would endanger the user for any use or condition the auto was designed to
withstand, the manufacturer is liable to correct this problem in due course
at absolutely no cost to any owner; regardless of whether a warranty exists
or not:

- rebuild each users' H-Tron so as to make it waterproof regardless of
warranty condition (and this does not mean issuing some sort of case but to
make the product meet the *exact* specifications it was marketed on).

Failing the above solution:

 - upgrade all H-Tron users to a D-Tron at absolutely no charge and
regardless of warranty.

Example:  If it is found that a 1987 Volkswagen incurs steering failure in
1/5000 cases while at legal highway speeds; VW is liable to issue a recall
and correct the problem even though all warranties are obviously expired
for a car this old.

IMHO:  Disetronic also does not have the legal right to void warranties for
H-Trons used in water.  An auto manufacturer cannot void a warranty for
using an auto for the legal purposes and conditions it was designed to be
used for regardless of what potential safety problem may exist with the

Any thoughts?

Darrin Parker - Nova Scotia, Canada!

To date:   51% improvement in average bg's & 80% fewer hypos.