Re: [IP] What month were you dx'd?

March 1955.  My third grade teacher had been a nurse, suggested I be tested.
A urine sample was taken to my father's office (medical branch), and I came
home from school to find a snack of bologna slices and orange juice laid out
for me on the advice of our early HMO the results were reported to.  My
memory is that I scarfed it down immediately and was still ravenous.  The
next morning I was taken to the HMO office downtown (about 20 miles from
home) to have blood drawn, then told to go to a restaurant and eat a
breakfast with sweetrolls and come back.  But before this amazing breakfast
could be served, someone came running in telling my parents not to let me eat
that, I was going to the hospital.