[IP] VENT: Inferior products: Medic Alert/Finding What Works

But maybe you should
> >suggest they make a "heavy duty" bracelet chain that will take more
> Medic Alert's responce:  1.  All braclets are designed ot fail under loads
> to prevent injury.

Hey There!

I know this may be a moot point by now (I'm just catching up the past few
weeks' worth of e-mail...so if any of my postings appear to be in a time
warp, forgive me!), but I wanted to add something here.  I got my first MA
bracelet in 1986 & hated it...the look & the style available at the time
were NOT something I was crazy about, in any respect.  When they offered the
more delicate-looking sterling silver one (early 90's, I think) I got
one...again, the dangling bracelet style did not work for me.  I play piano
a lot - so I needed something that fit securely but was not restrictive, &
could withstand some pretty rigorous stress due to community theatre/high
school flag & rifle corps activities.  I went to a local jeweler with it -
he found me a very inexpensive ($15., I think) silver charm bracelet,
inserted the MA tag in the center & sized it down by removing links until it
fit "just right"...haven't had a problem with it in ten years!  It does take
some extra legwork to find something that suits your particular needs - but
don't give up, what you're looking for may show up tomorrow if you hang in

Taking off my "Pollyanna" costume now,