Re: [IP] What month were you dx'd?

--On Friday, April 13, 2001 10:21 AM -0700 "Jim S." <email @ redacted>
> looking back on it)  During the summer it was much easier to compensate
> for many things that school would have made very difficult...  (sleep,
> thirst, bathroom)

This makes a lot of sense - I do remember a few weeks before I was
diagnosed my 3rd grade teacher told me to tell my mom to take me to a
doctor, because I (who never caused any problems) was asking to go to the
bathroom and water fountain CONSTANTLY.  Of course I didn't tell my parents
and ended up in the ER a few weeks later.  But it does make sense that
teachers might catch the urination/thirst thing that might have gone
undetected in summer when kids are less closely monitored.

> wondering how you get 2 adults and 4 kids (including a 15 year old) into
> a vintage Mustang.....??????????????????

This hits home as we are expecting our third kid in june and found
ourselves forced to buy a minivan...we couldn't get three carseats in the
back seat of our car. When I grew up we had both parents and three kids
riding in the cab of a PICKUP TRUCK!  Times have changed! ;-)

Betsy, age 34, Type 1 27 years, Disetronic 6 yrs, on third pregnancy with
pump and due in June.