Re: [IP] What month were you dx'd?

At 09:29 AM 4/13/2001 email @ redacted wrote:
 >In a message dated 4/13/01 11:15:48 AM Central Daylight Time, email @ redacted
 >> .  Notice that several people have responded with
 >> information, and that there seems to be a trend toward confirming the
 >> hypothesis.  BUT . . . most people who were not diagnosed during the three
 >> months will be less likely to respond.  As more and more people *do*
 >> respond, the association will appear to get stronger and stronger until it
 >> takes on a life of its own, while those who were not diagnosed in those
 >> three months will lose interest (it isn't germane to them), and . . . well,
 >> you get the picture.
 >i was just wondering.......it wasnt meant to be a survery or a
 >it just hit me as strange, and yes...... probably because i was dx'd in

With children starting school in September... I wonder if the stress of
Summer ending and things changing for school is a factor. Also, I've heard
that some children initially get a viral infection, which may be a trigger
to starting the auto-immune process... in school you're exposed to a lot
more nasty stuff than at home. I have no scientific data to back any of
this up... I'm just speculating.