I was diagnosed in April of 1967 at the age of 5, and our son was diagnosed
in November of 1999 at the age of 21 months.
I have read on the Children With Diabetes web page of children being
diagnosed mostly in the colder months such as October, November, December.  I
think I found it under the link to the American Diabetes Association.
Marla, dx 4/67, pumping
Mom to Seth, 3 years old, dx 11/99