[IP] Depression, attn. Darrin

Darrin Parker wrote:
>  Problem is; any
> length of time spent above 120 and I slip into severe depression.  Guess
> what I need is some sort of short-acting anti-depressants to cover the
> hours bg is returning to normal range.

I wonder if there ARE any short-acting anti-depressants. I've never
heard of any, and I've been severely depressed (suicidal), and just had
to tough it out until the medication started working. Which was about 4

I have also noticed that high BGs made my depression worse, and when the
depression is bad, I don't want to take care of BGs, and so it's a
vicious cycle.

You need to have a safety plan for when the depression hits -- someone
you can call who will be a back-up. I'm lucky in that I do have such
people -- my major difficulty is that when I'm depressed, I REALLY don't
want to talk to anyone or see anyone, but I promised several people that
if I'm severely depressed I will call them, and having that drilled into
my head may help if I really get bad.

Hang tough, Darrin -- you aren't the only one who's gone through this,
and the fact is that more people care than you know!

 Type Weird, pumping!
 mailto:email @ redacted