Re: [IP] can we give blood?

Yes, diabetics can donate blood. Regulations vary between states regarding
various issues (e.g., reusing needles, bovine insulin). As far as I know the
major area of concern centers around bovine insulin.  If you have been
diabetic for 20+ years I assume that you have taken bovine insulin and this
may be an issue.
I have donates blood many time and a doctors approval has never been
necessary.  Although I did check with my endocrinologist before donating.