[IP] insurance on pump

I had checked with my insurance, American Family, just last week re pump
insurance on homeowners, personal property, etc.  With their plan, since it is
medical equipment - it is only covered if specifically added to the policy
just like specific jewelry, furs, etc. for a loss such as theft, etc.
Otherwise it is covered just like all other household items if the loss is
from fire, tornado, etc.  (Hopefully in that case it will be attached to me
anyway and if I make it out okay the pump should then be okay also!).  My
agent said all "medical add-ons" to insurance policies were very expensive and
on my plan it would be $500.00 extra per year to cover the pump from theft,
etc.  YMMV - but in my case I thought the case of theft would be highly
unlikely so I guess I will not add it on to my policy.