Re: [IP] Waterproof Letter to D--some additional facts

In a message dated 4/12/01 7:39:18 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I do not believe this is correct. My understanding is that the d-tron uses a
> stepper motor (requires a specific set sequence to energize the coils and
> turn the drive shaft) while the MM uses a solenoid motor (an on/off sequence
> activates a plunger for one cycle which advance a ratchet turning the drive
> shaft - hence the clicking). The key effect that you are interested in is
> the same - neither system can constantly run-on if the  electrical input is
> shorted - but the motor systems are different.
> There was quite a lot of discussion about this a couple of months ago. You
> should be able to find the original post in the archives.

sorry, the original posts i was remembering was that the mm was also a
stepper motor, in fact there was a lot of talk about it being the only one
with a stepper motor til i went to the D website and read that the d-tron
also had a stepper motor.
oh well, funny how we both remember different things.....

Faith and ??
type 1 diagnosed 9-81
started pumping 8-21-2000
assimilated by the d-tron 03-07-01