Re: Subject: [IP] AccuChek Complete

>Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 15:44:37 -0500
>From: Connie Hodges <email @ redacted>
>Subject: [IP] AccuChek Complete
>Last week when I asked the MM rep about the AccuChek Complete program
>for pump users, she confirmed that the program expired.  She also
>recommended that I call Roche and see if they would send me a meter.  I
>know that many times the companies are more than willing to give away a
>meter because they make the money from the strips.  Anyway, I called
>Roche and the rep there confirmed that the program had just recently
>ended.  He suggested I call MM, who was willing to send a meter as long
>as insurance paid for it, which they won't.  Anyone have any suggestions
>on how to get an AccuChek Complete without spending mega bucks?  Having
>a meter that does double duty as a meter and log for carbs, insulin,
>etc. would mean I wouldn't have to carry around my log sheets or book
>too.  I really don't want a bigger purse for all of this stuff.
>Connie & Dot

This is the meter I have and I love it. I got mine from my endocrinologist,
who always seems to have plenty of free meters on hand. If you strike out
with your endo I suggest getting the name of the local rep in your area,
asking for a demonstration and if you like what you see ask for one (for
free of course). As you said they make their money through their strips.
btw-accucheck has soft ware for down loading meter data onto your computer.