[IP] Re: the Denver news story

reason, tried to force him to walk and pushed food into his mouth despite his
protests that he was in fact ill. >>>>

This reminds me of the time I was hospitalized for 2 weeks in '89. I was
pumping with my CPI/Lilly Betatron II #9200 and using Velosulin. The pump
delivered in whole units only and had one basal rate with a possibility of an
additional amount as a Supplemental Basal Rate. It could run a reduced basal
only if it was stopped - or completely reset.  We bolused 20 min. before
eating with Velosulin. I took my bolus because they delivered meals on time. I
was in my room waiting to be called and a *session* was going on which delayed
eating. They came in to find me lying on my bed with a low BG. The nurse
force-fed me mashed potatoes and INSISTED I had to sit up to keep awake.

I've learned a lot since those days. I'm sure they haven't.