> My endo. told me this when I was considering, so that is my only
> source...sh e has told many people.

This is not meant as a personal rebuke, just a review of the
guidelines that we must use to keep this forum useful. Please be very
careful about reporting hear-say. Your own personal experience is one
thing, repeating what you have "heard" is entirely another and can
cause much harm. It is understandable that such efforts are well
meaning, but without substantiating and NO personal experience is ,
the information completely worthless.

This is the stuff of urban legends and other nonsense. The purpose of
our forum is to share information, not rumor. If you have first hand
information, share it. It if it second hand and you feel you must
report it, CAREFULLY qualify what you say as in " my endo told me
thus and such " .

Unfortunately, some people believe everything they hear or read on
the internet. Insulin Pumpers makes a real effort to make sure that
the information we share and the manner in which we share it promotes
accurate reporting of personal experience and correct attribution of
other source material

The information that is posted in the forum is hopefully useful to
those of you making day to day decisions about how to manage your
diabetes. Almost all of the information is from non-medical persons
and none of it should be used as a substitute for proper medical

To put it as clearly as possible, Insulin Pumpers does not supply
clinical treatment information or medical advice. Any advice or
information that you may receive through the web site or mail
lists is not a substitute for personal medical care. Insulin Pumpers
cannot and does not guarantee or warrant any of the medical or
clinical information that you may receive through the web site or
mail lists. Any information or links on the web pages are for
your convenience and the inclusion of the information or link on
the web site does not imply any endorsement, guarantee, warranty
or representation by Insulin Pumpers of the quality or accuracy
of the information, products or services provided to you.

If you are in need of qualified medical information or support for
your medical condition, we recommend that you contact your
physician for clinical care advice.