> wooooooooo hooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!  i just got my A1c results back
> and guess what?  I've only been on the pump for two months now, and
> my A1c is now 8.1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  now i know that might sound
> high to most of you, but you have to remember my pre pump A1c's were
> 12.8........the best i ever had in my entire 19 yrs of diabetes was
> 10.2!!!!!!!  and since this has only been two months, i bet if it
> was taken at three months since the pump i would have been in the
> 7's!!!!!! i am so happy now i could scream!!!!!!!!!!!  i am proud of
> myself for once!  but i have to do one thing before i end this:

aaahhhhh!!!!   let me take this opportunity to invite you and all the
other pumpers out there to fill out the Insulin Pumpers Information
Form ---- INCLUDING your old and new hba1c results.

The charts on the ABOUT pages are compiled from these numbers and
there are not very many of you that have reported hbA1c numbers. Out
of 600 or so folks that have voluntarily supplied statistical data,
only a few hundred put in their hbA1c's.

This is EXTREMELY VALUABLE information to support OUR position that
pumping improves control (just look at the charts). The larger the
sample size, the better the data and the better our argument.

Please visit the MEMBERS ONLY page and fill out the form by clicking
the button. You also get a FREE dot on the map if you live in the US
and a listing on the "not on the map" page if you live outside the