[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V5 #41

Michael wrote:

>>This is so obvious, even to the kids,
that my daughter routinely reports that she has trouble thinking
clearly when her bg's are high.<<

I'm sorry if I've already said this but it just makes me so gosh dern happy!
Since going on the pump Lauren has gone up a FULL GRADE POINT in every
subject and her teacher has admitted I was RIGHT that high and low bgs were
getting in the way of her learning!!!!

Mom of Lauren, 9, pump princess of Plymouth

PS As for the whole complications thing, since her dx I have always felt
"better safe than sorry" and practiced tight control. You know what? She's a
happy, well-adjusted kid even WITH the tight control. It's like anything
else in parenting -- YOU are in charge