[IP] Nurses who know nothing

The pump would be a useless gadget unless nursing knew my basals and
boluses. I keep these in my wallet on a piece of paper. My endo would be
able to manage the pump but certainly not nursing.  spot
  My daughter was a nurse for for 28 years and loved the profession.  She
worked in CCU unit.  Columbia bought the hospital and the changes were
devastating for the patient.  California law required 2 registered nurses at
all times in that unit.  It was changed to 1 reg. nurse and 1 aide.   The
aide had 6 weeks training.  They were very nice and willing but incapable of
handling the job.  My daughter left nursing it was too dangerous.
  When you go to the hospital, you see people that look like nurses, are
dressed like nurses but they are NOT nurses.  Training is minimal.  The well
trained nurses have left their profession in droves.  Hospitals are now
trying to hire back good personnel with incentives, however, it is a slavery
job and most not interested.  They aren't treated well by the M.D.'s  so no
incentive there either.
   Diabetes treatment has changed drastically also  further training is
needed not only for nurses but doctors that don't know that much about the
new methods.   Education should be mandatory for both.        Ellie