Re: [IP] re: Why not arms

> Someone at Therasense (Freestyle meter) told me that the Bg reading
> you get from your arm is about 15 to 20 minutes old, whereas the fingertip
> is more up-to-the-minute.

This is the second time I have heard this. The first time was a mistake
where someone was confusing the reading you get from interstitial fluid
(taken from the arm) with that of glucose in the blood. Have any of you seen
any specific data concerning a time lag for glucose in capillary blood taken
from the arm (or leg or other body part) vs. blood taken from the finger.

I can not find this information on the package insert or instructions that
come with the meter, at the Therasense web site or in the FDA approval
letters. Additionally, my (probably not statistically significant) personnel
testing does not show an meaningful time lag either.

I think perhaps I will also leave this question for the guys at Therasense.