[IP] Re: Weird experience with DKA

Susan writes:  I think that normal people can have KTs from such things....
Well, I'm not sure if I'm normal, but I don't have diabetes!
My GP has telephoned after routines check-ups to tell me that I had ketones
in my urine test.  Could never remember if I had breakfast or not that

If the Atkins diet is a low carb diet, then people can indeed have
"starvation" ketones.  A friend's sister was rushed to hospital due to this.

Barbara, Mum of Claire 6