[IP] RE: DKA with unknown cause...MAYBE IT WAS METER!!

In a message dated 4/9/01 10:03:03 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> .  Now I'm using the

i hate to say it, but maybe this is the culprit.... i had an ultra that was
malfunctioning; and although all the tests came out in acceptable range, i
was doing back to back tests and having differences of like 80-100 points
with different fingers (which they suggest) within a matter of 2 minutes of
each other!  i never got readings close to each other and always had to test
with my other machine to see what my sugar really was!!  one time the ultra
said 467 and thank God i tested with my other meter.....my sugar was around
150!  i've gotten differences as much as 80 pts two to three times in a
this is the reason i was so crazy about a month ago with these meters........
the ultra may be good for some, but it definitely wasnt my friend!  my
freestyle loves me though....LOL
YMMV....and your meters MMV too......LOL

gina & mr clicks (MM508)
dx'd 11/83..... pumping 2/01 and have never felt better  :O)