[IP] Re: My best friend and diabeties..AND MINE TOO!!!!!

email @ redacted writes:

> I have been Blessed with this special cat.  I just wanted to share with
> all of you how much she has been there for me and my diabeties.  She is now

your story touches my heart!!!!  i have a cat named nemo who is now 14 years
old......NEMO ALSO HAS DIABETES and i give him two shots of 70/30 insulin
daily!  my bond with him is beyond the animal/owner bond....only those of us
with this special bond can understand what i'm talkinga bout and only we can
understand what i mean when i say "this is my son."  i have no children and
for the past 14 years this has been my pride and joy......... i would give
anything for nemo and i dont know what i would do without him!  every night
he also sleeps UNDER the blankets with me, head and all, just like his
mommy.... some people say he is taking on my characteristics......diabetes,
sleeping under the blankets, times we eat, ways we lay, etc....... i also
have another cat who is a himylayan who is 6......she and i are not as close
but we have a bond also!
when nemo was 2 years old, he was dx'd with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and
was in heart failure.....lungs backed up with blood and he was suffocating.
i rushed him to the ER and they told me he had 10 minutes to live, that he
was suffering and i should put him down.  there was no way i was doing
that..... and i knew when i went to hand him back to the vet to put back into
the oxygen chamber and nemo wrapped his paws, both of them, around my neck
and just held on for dear life and squeezed me like dont let me go, i knew
then that he was going to be okay!!  the visit cost me over $4500, but i
would do it all over again if i had to.... just dont know where i'd get the
anyway, just wanted to share my story too....sorry it took so long.....i
could go on forever!

gina & mr clicks & NEMO TOO (MM508)
dx'd 11/83..... pumping 2/01 and have never felt better  :O)