Re: [IP] Re: Glucowatch - handmade & Using CGMS -

In a message dated 4/9/2001 10:23:09 AM Eastern Daylight Time, email @ redacted

<< I would love to hear kid's responses regardng wearing a pump and the CGMS

Stephanie wore the CGM for a total of 7 three day periods last spring and
summer. She uses rapid infusion sets with her Disetronic pump, so she had to
adjust a little wearing the sensors for the CGM (very similar to a silhouette
or tender). The fact that the CGM wasn't waterproof only slowed her down when
she was planning to swim...on those days we'd take one sensor out on its
third day, swim for several hours, and then insert the next sensor after her
shower. She thought it was cool to have over $10k worth of medical gadgetry
hooked up to her (she was 10 years old at the time) and didn't mind the idea
of two "sites" simultaneously at all. All in all, it was a wonderfully
enlightening experience and well worth the repeated trips back to the endo's
office to see what her numbers were like...made adjusting basals a real cinch!

Good luck,
Betsy, mom of 11.75yo Stephanie (dxd at 4.5 years, pumping since 3/24/98)