[IP] Active pumping boy...crumpled Sils...Help!

Gus(8) switched from using the soft-sets to the Sils in early February.  His
BGs improved, and are a little more consistent, but we still have problems
with bending/crimping.  I took out a set last night that had been in for not
quite 48 hours that looked like a chewed on straw.  He HAD played in three
hockey games during that period...disconnected each time.  We're putting extra
tape over the set tape.  We also recently switched from butt sites to the
upper thigh thinking he's less likely to fall on or bump this area and have
experimented with going in at different angles....  Last week we changed the
set 3 times in 4 days....  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks in