RE: [IP] Weird experiences with DKA

I have heard of running keytones when sick, especially if vomiting. If the
body has gone with out food for a long period of time. Blood sugars can run
normally, but still end up with keytones.  Every body is different. I myself
in 16 years have never ever have keytones. I have been as high as 512, and
still not a keytone in site.

Glad you were able to catch it in time.  Next time, drink the fluids but do
it more slowly?

a bit
weird so tested for ketones for the heck of it.  I had large ketones - the
test strip turned dark purple almost immediately when the urine hit it.
Luckily I was able to get an injection into me and change infusion sites
before I was feeling really bad.  Followed the DKA prevention protocol given
me by my CDE and started drinking water in copious amounts.  Started
minutes later.  At one point I considered going to the ER but decided to
until my injection had time to kick in.  BS came down within 2 hours and
ketones cleared so I managed to do OK on my own. Was just wondering if
else has had experiences with DKA with BS < 200.  I had no reason to doubt

Shop online without a credit card
RocketCash, a NetZero subsidiary