[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V5 #32

Dear pumpers and parents.

Just picked up my 14 year old form Baseball Practice (Diagnosed at 11,
pumping at 12 &1/2).  Just picked by his very competitive coach as the
captain  of his team.  He was beaming.  First thing he said  is "Boy do I
feel good when I leave my pump on during practice"  He seems to think he
needs to take it off during games because he's afraid of sliding and
dislodging everything.  Any suggestions? I'm so  proud of him.  It's been a
 tough few years entering middle school and being diagnosed with Diabetes at
the same time.  I  often typo and write diabeastes- must be a freud thing-
diabetes is a beast to me.  As a mother you'd die  fighting the beast from
hurting your child- I feel like that sometimes.  Guess is was my turn to
rant- thanks for listening.