[IP] We need your positive thoughts and prayers.

My oldest brother, Tom, has been T1 diabetic since 1943 (age 4). He has lead
a very good healthy life until about 2 years ago when he had a heart attack.
He went through bypass surgery and almost died. Our mother did die at about
that time. She was pretty old and in a nursing home.

About a 7 or 8 weeks ago, Tom had some problems and underwent bypass surgery
in his leg. After a a few weeks, he ended up having the toes of one foot

I just got home from my week's vacation to Puerto Rico, and learned that my
brother was back in the hospital. The e-mail from his daughter said:

"He has a very high white blood count, very low kidney function, and elevated
enzymes.  There is what appears to be a very minor infection in the skin
at his amputation site, which was already being treated with antibiotics,"

Needless to say, we are very worried about him. He has had this disease for
58 years. He turned 62 in February. He lives in San Antonio, TX.

Please pray for his recovery.