Re: [IP] Babysitters and the pump

We rely on our cell phone as well.  I do leave detailed charts for the
babysitter to follow (bgs charts show that if our son's bgs is 240, and
his target is 120, that's 1 unit).  It is an excel spreadsheet, with the
math all done.  You just look at the bg # and its correlating insulin
dose is just below it.  We have a similar chart for carb ratios. Even
with these tools, prior to giving insulin the sitter calls us on the
cell to review the numbers.  This way we can enjoy our evening out and
not worry about possible mistakes.  The babysitter is more comfortable
as well.