[IP] Tax deductions

> I don't know about the insurance, but for the tax issue: medical deductions,
> in order to become part of your itemized deductions, must be greater than
> 7.5% of your adjusted gross income.
> Example: if your adjusted gross income is $40,000, and your total medical is
> $4,000, you can deduct $1,000 because 7.5% is 3000 and the $1000 is above
> that. If you had $10,000 in medical costs, $7,000 would be deductible.
> The above statement does not count as professional tax advice and cannot be
> interpreted as tax planning, tax advice, or construed as a statement to tell
> the IRS.

That is true -- and deductible to the point that the total itemization of all
lines exceeds the standard deduction. With my 10 Rx meds, lots of *-ologists*,
mileage, etc., we cannot deduct medical. 'Tain't fair but that's life. Has
someone work it out for you. We don't like our insurance plan, but it's better
than nothing even with the out-of-pocket expenses.

http://maxpages.com/bludasue AND http://www.picturetrail.com/dmBASHbashpics