[IP] Re: Forearm Testing

We've been using the One Touch Ultra Meter (love those 5 second test
results!) and the Bayer Vacculance (for forearm testing) for a couple of
weeks now and Katie (age 10) is VERY HAPPY!  It took a while to get
consistent in being able to get a good sample from the forearm.  Now that
we've worked out what strategy works for us, it's been like heaven not having
to poke fingers . . . For Katie, she puts the vacculance on her arm and
presses and releases the button enough to get the vacuum going (but not far
enough to actually do the poke) -- after about 15 seconds of the vacuum (you
can see the skin bulging up slightly inside the tube), she then pushes the
botton all the way to make the poke.  By doing the vaccuum thing before the
poke, it seems to drawn the small sample needed by the Ultra very quickly.
On those occasions where it's not super quick, she will rock the tube from
side to side a few times after the poke (but without breaking the seal on the
vaccuum).  Someone on this list also recommended making a fist before forearm
testing -- which we are going to try too . . .