Re: [IP] Please Tell A1C's

On 7 Apr 2001, at 13:25, email @ redacted wrote:

> In a message dated 4/5/2001 8:23:14 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
> email @ redacted writes:
> > After 3 months on the pump, my A1c went from 8 to 6. I was thrilled and so
> > was my doctor. When I told him hopefully the next A1c will be even lower.
> > He shook his head no no, you don't want to go any lower. That really
> > surprised me. I see lower A1c's on here all the time. What is the lowest we
> > should be?? Thanks, Joan

I suppose it depends on what your lab's "normal" range is.  Mine is

Even so, for my hoped-for pregnancy, they want me definitely down
in the 5% range.  They specifically said, they'd rather I have "too
many lows" than risk the baby's health.

And I figure.....  ok, going higher risks the baby's health, so it
probably risks *mine* as well.  The ob/gyn is going to be more
concerned about a baby than about long-term complications for
me.  But *I* care about *my* long-term complications!  So I'm
aiming to stay in the 5% range forever.  I know it probably won't be
possible to be 100% 5%, but it will always be my goal.