[IP] DM & fundraising

LInda O. wrote:
>>> Just thinking about diabetes and its complications and fund raising and
all of that.  If someone dies of a stroke, heart attack, or kidney failure and
is diabetic, you may overhear, "oh he had a heart attack".  "I think it may
have been a complication of his diabetes", or just,  "I think he had had
'sugar"'. Maybe they make a donation to the American Heart Association. >>>

When we had a local pump club and my endo was extremely involved he'd give
wonderful analogies. The one for above: Take a high school basketball player -
first string, *B* average student, all-around good guy. Then at the tournament
while he's involved in the game and not much time on the clock, along comes
the *unknown* player and makes a 3-pointer at the buzzer and wins the game.
Who gets the glory for that ONE TIME event? The one who won the game!!  That's
DM and a heart attack.  The memorable one is the one that gets the $$$$. Many
people don't know that heart attacks are a common complication of DM anyway.

http://maxpages.com/bludasue AND http://www.picturetrail.com/dmBASHbashpics
Poor spellers of the world, untie!