[IP] Babysitters and the pump

Well, I have to say that a cell phone is the real answer. That way, any
insulin decisions are made by you. I know it's nice to get away completely,
and people get annoyed at movies and such, but you know what? It's the only
way we pump parents can get out! Another thought it to call your local JDRF
office and ask them for names of young adults or teens on the pump in your
area -- or ask them to forward your phone # to them. Also, if there is a
diabetes camp in your area, that could be a source as well.

We have a teenage daughter, but even with her babysitting Lauren, we insist
on a phone call for all decisions.

Good luck!

Mom to Lauren, 9, Pump Princess of Plymouth