Re: [IP] Insurance denial

  Do you get the magazine, Diabetes Forecast?  If so look at May 2000 issue.
You will see a darling little FIVE year old on the COVER that talks about
kids and pumps!  This kid had been on his pump for "awhile" before this
article was done.  If you don't have this magazine or this issue contact your
local ADA office and see if you can get a back issue of it.  Tell them why
you want it.  If that doesn't work contact me directly and I will make a copy
and send it to you.  Then, while you are talking to the ADA tell them what is
going on.  Also, call your insurance company and ask to speak to someone in
LEGAL Dept.  Get the pump companies involved.  They have people who have to
deal with this sort of thing all of the time.  Get your endo involved also.
Most insurance companies will allow the appeals process to decide.  If you
get all of this information together to show it might help.  Do you have the
PUMPING INSULIN book yet?  There is a whole section that is talking about
kids pumping.  If this is in there, there must be a reason right???  EDUCATE
EDUCATE EDUCATE!!!  That is what our main job is to do to all of thes
uneducated people!!  Let me know what I can do to help!!

mom to Joshua who started his H-Tron 5 days after 8th BD.
Poulsbo, WA