Re: [IP] Help/advice for a fellow pumper & surgery

In a message dated 4/6/01 10:26:58 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I am having
 > surgery Wednesday, the 11th and my diabetic educator said to take pump
 > off and leave it home still running with a tissue under it to catch
insulin. >>

This is, without a doubt, the STUPIDIST thing I've ever heard!!! Does that
person tell people who do NOT have diabetes to take their pancreas out before
going to the hospital? I have had two surgeries since I've been pumping and
have not taken it off either time. Not before, not after, not during. In
fact, the last time, my endo told my admitting doc, "Do whatever you want to
her, but DO NOT take her pump away."

Jan and Elvis