Re: [IP] Help/advice for a fellow pumper & surgery

In a message dated 4/6/01 10:28:25 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> am having
> > surgery Wednesday, the 11th and my diabetic educator said to take pump
> > off and leave it home still running with a tissue under it to catch

this makes absolutely no sense to me!  why take the pump off when basals keep
you normal?  why risk the chance of dka?  and how are they going to know how
much to put in the IV?  absorption is different that way anyway....... and if
they plan on long-acting insulin, i wouldn't let them touch me with that with
a 10 ft needle......LOL
just my thoughts....... i'm no genius........LOL

gina & mr clicks (MM508)
dx'd 11/83..... pumping 2/01 and have never felt better  :O)